Thai Garlic Chili Noodles Recipe - Passion for Food


These noodles are so simple,  and yet crazily delicious! Those crispy fried shallots really bring it together in a big way. I've made this many times, I've tried it with shrimp, I've tried it with seared chicken. But honestly I think my favorite way to have it is just the noodles! The slight sweetness of the sauce is balanced out with a tiny hit of bitterness from the shallots, and you get some nice crunch from both those and the green onions. I suggest the flat thinker rice noodles, if you can find them. You should give this a try!

One note, the noodles can get VERY spicy! If you don't like a tun of spice use less chili garlic sauce. The first time I made this I used 3 heaping tablespoons, so that plus the red pepper flakes made it so spicy I had to take a break half way through eating it!



Thai Garlic Chili Noodles Recipe:
  • 14-16 once of flat rice noodles
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil  
  • 1/3 cup of soy sauce
  • 3 shallots
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup of green onion plus more for garnish
  • 1-3 tablespoons of garlic chili sauce 
  • 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)



Enjoy!

Comments